Monday, May 15, 2006

Postal Service

A friend of mine from Australia asked me to mail him some guitar strings that aren't yet available in his fair country. So I purchased the strings yesterday and made my way to the post office. I presented my package to the lady at the counter and told her it was an international delivery. To ensure that my package was not dangerous, she inquired as to its contents. "Two packs of guitar strings," I informed her. "What are those?" she asked. Well, I realize there are many people who aren't into music and have no reason to know technical terms for such things so I explained, "The strings you put on guitars to play..." She looked at me skeptically and said..."Whatever you say," and posted my package.
It reminded me of the time Josh had to assure that strange man that Virginia is actually a state.
By the way, my address is:
226 Broadview Ave
Unit 2
Toronto, Ontario
M4M 2G5

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I realize there are many people who are just plain stupid and have no reason to know technical terms of any sort.

10:11 PM  
Blogger paranoid gringo said...

Is Ontario a state...or a state of mind?

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter