Sunday, May 07, 2006

News from the Third World

I realize it has been a month since I last posted anything. I'm afraid the general decline in posting among my little web community made me feel a little lazy about my own website upkeep. So I'll give this little update, post a few pictures and promise to renew my efforts to keep you thrilled with tales of the land of the mounties (run on?).
After a month of digging I've found several different groups of musicians that let me join their ranks for my time hear. Between Irish sessions, bluegrass gigs, Old-Tyme jams, song sessions, French fiddling and Greek craziness...I have a full schedule. I've been particularly excited to see Old-Tyme music making a stand in the big city. Apparently a lady named Erynn Marshall is largely responsible for this...and do you know where she is right now? Yep, she's at good ole Berea College digging in the music archives. So if you see a new face on campus sporting a red mountie hat, say "hi."
I'm down to my last two months now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see my friends in their great exodus from John G's own little slice of heaven...so to you guys: congratulations.

Here are a couple of pictures.



Which one already has a degree?

4 Comments:

Blogger paranoid gringo said...

i´m more third world than you

9:33 AM  
Blogger jonas said...

I can eat more pizza

11:07 AM  
Blogger jonas said...

hey, looks like you kids went through college for no reason...

10:46 AM  
Blogger paranoid gringo said...

your mom goes to college

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter